3/22/2013

"Autobiography" ...

After a little book (printed on real paper) has been published in February, I now put a file (currently only in Japanese, but I will transcribe it shortly into German and English) online, that could be in a much exaggerated way be called "my autobiography".
Over the years many patients have asked me, why it came to pass, that a young german person moved to Japan initially to practice Kyudo and is now working as an acupuncturist for almost 30 years.
To me, this was just "another ordinary story" and of no special interest. But since so many people apparently found my story interesting, I described my way up to this point. Apart from a lot of nostalgic memories, there are also a number of sections, where I wonder (rather complaining?) what the Japanese (in particular those involved in oriental medicine) are thinking.

I wrote the "original" in (my poor) Japanese. After living in Japan for so long, AND being asked mostly by Japanese people, it did not occur to me, that I could have written this in German first. This idea entered my mind only after I wrote the text and a patient suggested it ...
The upcoming German and English versions will NOT be translations in the strict sense, but rather rewritings of the story.

In case somebody might be interested ...

No comments:

Post a Comment